January Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ccfbarb53 32 minutes ago.

• Author

Chris
    Keymaster

We are going back to the realm of florals this month. Here we have this gorgeous oriental lily. Have fun with all those wonderful bright colors!

Chris
    Keymaster

From member, Barb:

Lynda
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 days, 6 hours ago by  Chris.

Kim
    Participant

Lovely, Barb! 🙂

ccfbarb53
    Participant

Thank you, Kim! How very nice of you to comment! I wanted to put a background in, but my shoulder was screaming, so I left it. Maybe it’s better that way!

Chris
    Keymaster

From member, Ina:

Chris
    Keymaster

From member, Janet:

ccfbarb53
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I just never had a chance to comment on everyone’s challenge painting, but I can type easier now. I appreciate when someone comments on mine, so I like to comment on other’s also! Lynda, what a great idea to add a hummingbird with the flower! Very nice! Ina, Wow, you planned a whole scene! I love your little dog, and your use of the light from the door! Janet, you did a great job on the dying flower in the photo as well as the flower of interest! Everyone’s paintings are so different and so creative!

Tazy
    Participant

Thank you Barb. I liked your painting as it looks so fresh and colorful. Good job even with a hurt shoulder.

ccfbarb53
    Participant

Thank you, Tazy, it’s probably a lot looser than normal for me, because I was forced to with my shoulder. I’m usually too rigid and forced. I appreciate your comment!

info@chitenco.com
    Participant

Hi Barb,
    I also liked every painting. They are all fairy and bright and eye-catching. It’s so amazing to see how different people interpret the same picture. And there is so much to learn from you guys! I thought the original picture was a bit plain, but you all interpreted it in such a creative manner!

ccfbarb53
    Participant

Sometimes, Chris, will give us a photo, that maybe we don’t like or even better, we don’t know what to do eith! Be it his intention or not, we have to look at the photo and decide how we want to lay it out or what parts we want to use or leave out. I chose to leave the dying flower at the top of the photo out, but others left it in with much success! I think planning your painting well is half the battle!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.