A surprise from Chris

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LauraMay 6 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author

Chris
    Keymaster

Well a lot of people have been asking me how I would have gone about painting the November challenge. I was so pleased with the turnout for this challenge that I decided to paint my own version and do a tutorial on it. This isn’t a video, but a pictorial progression tutorial. Members can access the tutorial with the link below. If anyone has questions or comments about it, we can discuss it here on this thread. The link to the tutorial is here: November Challenge tutorial

And here is my go at the challenge for November. Hope you enjoy:

ccfbarb53
    Participant

Awesome surprise, Chris!! Your painting came out beautiful, but it’s good to know even you have to deal with those nasty runs! Way to improvise! Thanks for taking the time to do it and to tell us how you did it! I actually painted my sky in layers also, because I thought to myself, there’s no way your getting all those colors in one wash! Thanks again!

cherylstewart
    Participant

Thank you, Just what I wanted!

Texhorse
    Participant

Yeah, that’s not bad Chris….

LOL

Andy
    UK

Tazy
    Participant

Very nice. I appreciate seeing how you painted it. Will look at the tutorial later. I like how you did the waves in the water. Janet

LauraMay
    Participant

You make it look and sound so easy!
    Thank you.

~Laura

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.